Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Question Of Race

There is no such thing as different 'races' of humans. If you will pardon the canine comparison, look at dogs......the infinate variety of shape, size, color, temperment, coat.......and yet they are all a single species: canis familiaris. So it goes with people. We are all one species: homo sapiens sapiens. When is the world going to realize this? Infinate diversity in infinate combination. Just for the record, I learned everything I need to know from Star Trek!

5 comments:

  1. :-)) live long and prosper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one.

    (sorry, I can't ever resist anything star trek-y. especially when it's two chicks talking about it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I have always wondered who came up with "what race are you" on questionnaires. I think the U.S. Census asked that question this year. I SO wanted to check the box for "Other" and write in Vulcan.

    One race, infinite diversity, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven64....
    I can't agree more. So much of the world is so caught up in this 'race' thing, and it doesn't even really exist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I forgort to follow the 'chat'...

    On the other hand, race (in connection with looks) do play a role when it comes to attraction, just as well as we are asked how old we are or what religion we are. I am not saying that these factors should play a role or that it is good, they just do....

    ReplyDelete