Saturday, March 20, 2010

How this blog got it's name

Wraith Cat Running

Half my soul runs through the night
On silent padded paws
The other half exists by day
Moving on without a cause

Plodding through my dull routine
The pressure mounts inside me
I long for freedom and the night
The beast within is rising

Darkness is my reverie
It hides the worst and spares the best
It's magic is for me alone
It's terror saved for all the rest

Half my soul runs through the night
On silent padded paws
It's eyes are green it's coat is black
And at it's feet lay deadly claws

What brings about this change you ask
In truth I do not know
But I must heed the ancient call
And out into the night I go

All I know once dawn has come
Is that I've been alive
And what has perished in my wake
Insures the fact that I survive

Half my soul runs through the night
On silent padded paws
The other half is what you see
And when you see me, pause

4 comments:

  1. Hey Christine, My Thomas Newman-Loving Nerd -
    Congrats on the blog! And my first question/comment is...who wrote this poem/lyric? Was it you per chance? ~Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hail and hearty greeting, fellow libran, poet and soundtrack lover!

    Congratulations on your new blog...I hope it's cogitative therapy provides you some surcease from physical pain. Any distraction from constant discomfort is a welcome visitor.

    Speak your mind, my friend. Don't let tentative thoughts tremble on the brink when they only need expression to take flight and for one small moment you can mend the universe.

    The Wraith Cat comes,
    Her whisper now a shout;
    Let it echo down the corridor of time
    To tell us what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Steven64 and Ruggo

    Yes, I did write the piece.....a large number of years ago. You guys are very kind, and I look forward to having some interesting discussions here. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never written anything which could pass as a poem, but boy I loved this one...
    Quite interesting, captivating like a good soundtrack.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete