Friday, July 8, 2011

Further Complications

My doctor has forbidden me to take take nsaids............for the rest of my life. This sudden sessation of the only consistant relief that I had from my chronic back pain has left me almost bedridden. I am barely able to walk down to the barn and back to feed and water my horse. If I didn't have the shopping cart to lean on, I would not be able to do the weekly shopping. As it is, by the time I am done making the rounds at Wal Mart, I am in agony. This plus the several thousand dollars in hospital bills has forced me to apply for disability/medicaid. I have little hope of actually qualifying, but it is my only alternative. On top of everything else, I have now developed phlebitis in my right leg just below the knee. I have begun to take herbal supplements to help thin my blood so that it won't get any worse, but the chance of my getting a DVT has now skyrocketed. It never rains!

On the upside, I recently rescued a tiny half starved kitten that has totally stolen my heart. She is black and white with a skunk-like white stripe down the center of her back, and small enough to hold in the palm of my hand. She's so cute I can hardly stand it, and she is really lifting my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment